Phil Neville is hopeful that both he and his brother Gary will win their way back into the England squad. Everton skipper Phil and Manchester United defender Gary have yet to be called on by Fabio Capello since the Italian's appointment as Steve McClaren's successor last December.

United's Gary Neville has only recently returned from a long-term injury which kept him on the sidelines for over a year, while Phil has been overlooked by Capello. Neville jnr is not worrying about the situation and remains confident he and his brother can play their way into Capello's plans.

Speaking in the Sun newspaper he said: "I'm not unduly panicking because under Sven I was out of the squad for eight or nine months after the World Cup in Japan. It's down to me to convince the new manager I'm worthy of a place in the squad. And I expect Gary to be back in for sure because he is the best right-back in England. But back in or not, I will be supporting England. I'm very patriotic and love my country - if we ever won a major competition it would be absolutely crazy.".....Back To Home Page