All things Manchester United here and you can subscribe to the RSS News Feed Link. Also there will be a huge
collection of Manchester United photographs, Manchester United videos, Manchester United gifs, Manchester United
wallpapers, Manchester United avatars, Manchester United Myspace layouts and much, much more for you all. A great
place for United fans to get what they want. Any requests for stuff you may have then email me at
small_carly@yahoo.co.uk with what you're looking for.

I am constantly looking for Manchester United wallpapers, Manchester United sigs, Manchester United avatars,
Manchester United photos, Manchester United pics and anything else to do with United especially anything really old to add to my
History Section'. So if anyone has anything they think would be good to add, then email me at carliona.trocina12@googlemail.com, thankyou.....

Tuesday 28 October 2008

Rio Wants Champions League Back-To-Back Wins

manchester united rio ferdinand united

Rio Ferdinand, as you would expect, has voiced his desire to be a part of the first team to ever win back-to-back Champions League titles. Of course, in it's old guise as the 'European Cup' a few teams achieved this, but since it's rebirth as 'The Champions League', it has never been done.

United became champions of Europe for the third time last season after a dramatic penalty shoot-out victory over Premier League rivals Chelsea in Moscow, courtesy of John Terry "lying down on the job" as it were ! However, Ferdinand is eager to be a European champion again and also hopes United can complete a hat-trick of domestic titles this season.

"The gauntlet is laid down for us because we want to make history, the Champions League is something we would really like to retain as it has never been done. We want to win the Premier League three times on the bounce because it would give us a shot at number four, which no-one has ever done either. People who think we have won enough don't know this group of players. We want to win and we have a squad good enough to give us a realistic chance."


Ferdinand is also confident that he is approaching his peak as a player, saying: "I would say the best is still to come. A lot of people said my peak time would be after I was 30 because of the position I play in. I am beginning to feel that way now."

Ferdinand, who turns 30 next month, is also in no mood to start reflecting on his career, adding: "I am not going to start looking back yet. But if I get to the end of my career and have only won the trophies I currently have, I would be disappointed. I want to win more. I am greedy. You have to be in this sport to achieve anything." .....Back To Home Page


No comments: