All things Manchester United here and you can subscribe to the RSS News Feed Link. Also there will be a huge
collection of Manchester United photographs, Manchester United videos, Manchester United gifs, Manchester United
wallpapers, Manchester United avatars, Manchester United Myspace layouts and much, much more for you all. A great
place for United fans to get what they want. Any requests for stuff you may have then email me at
small_carly@yahoo.co.uk with what you're looking for.

I am constantly looking for Manchester United wallpapers, Manchester United sigs, Manchester United avatars,
Manchester United photos, Manchester United pics and anything else to do with United especially anything really old to add to my
History Section'. So if anyone has anything they think would be good to add, then email me at carliona.trocina12@googlemail.com, thankyou.....

Tuesday 25 November 2008

Pele Good, Maradona Great, George BEST!

Three years ago today
25th November 2005
George Best passed away
R.I.P George, we miss you xx


At the age of 15, Best was discovered in Belfast by Manchester
United scout Bob Bishop, whose telegram to United
manager Matt Busby read: "I think I've found you
a genius." His local club Glentoran had previously rejected
him for being "too small and light". Best was
subsequently given a trial and signed up by
chief scout Joe Armstrong.

Best made his Manchester United debut, aged 17,
on 14 September 1963 against West Bromwich Albion
at Old Traffordin a 1-0 victory. Two weeks later
Best scored his first goal against Burnley. By the
close of the season Best had six goals, and Manchester
United finished second, behind champions Liverpool.

In his second season, Best and Manchester
United claimed the league title.

Best hit the headlines the age of twenty when he
scored two goals in a European Cup quarter-final match
against Benfica in 1966, and was dubbed "O Quinto Beatle"
(The Fifth Beatle) in the press for his long hair,
good looks and extravagant celebrity lifestyle,
and even appeared on Top of the Pops in 1965.
Other nicknames included the "Belfast Boy" and
he was often referred to as Georgie, or Geordie in his
native Belfast.

The 1966-67 season was again successful as Manchester
United claimed the league title by four points. The
following season Best became a European Cup winner
after scoring in the final against Benfica. United
won 4-1 and Best was later crowned European
Footballer of the Year and Football Writers'
Association Player of the Year; after that
began a steady decline.

George Best Quotes

“I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted”

“I'd have to be superman to do some of the things I'm
supposed to have done, I've been at six different
places at six different times.”


“I'm OK. Much better than on other occasions. It's true
that I've made lots of mistakes but I've never tried
to bother anyone. I want to stay alive, preferably in
peace, without seeing every one of my mistakes in the
papers, and on many occasions, even stories that are lies.”


“That's what children do - throw food. That's not
fighting. We were real men. We'd have chinned them.”


“He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't
head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart
from that, he's all right.” ~ On David Beckham



No comments: