All things Manchester United here and you can subscribe to the RSS News Feed Link. Also there will be a huge
collection of Manchester United photographs, Manchester United videos, Manchester United gifs, Manchester United
wallpapers, Manchester United avatars, Manchester United Myspace layouts and much, much more for you all. A great
place for United fans to get what they want. Any requests for stuff you may have then email me at
small_carly@yahoo.co.uk with what you're looking for.

I am constantly looking for Manchester United wallpapers, Manchester United sigs, Manchester United avatars,
Manchester United photos, Manchester United pics and anything else to do with United especially anything really old to add to my
History Section'. So if anyone has anything they think would be good to add, then email me at carliona.trocina12@googlemail.com, thankyou.....

Friday 30 January 2009

Fergie Says After Manchester United He Is Finished For Good So Forget The Olympics

alex ferguson gb manager olympicsManchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has had informal talks with Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Lord Coe, chairman of the 2012 organising committee, last year over the possibility of spearheading a bid for gold on home soil but Ferguson has confirmed he has no interest in a career in international football.

''No. I won't turn to international management, 'When I've finished here, I think I deserve a rest. After here, I'm finished."

There is a chance that GB wont even enter a team anyway because Scotland have some kind of problem playing alongside England. Not that it is too likely many Scots will be picked anyway given the stregth in depth of England. Wales and Northern Ireland have also been fearing that making a combined side for the Olympics could jeopardise their position within FIFA.

But just last month, when asked at a Downing Street press conference what he wanted for Christmas, Brown said: ''That we have an Olympics team for the 2012 Olympics that is a football team from Britain."

Brown also suggested the involvement of Ferguson could help to bring the Scots on board, adding: ''Sebastian Coe and I have talked to Alex Ferguson about the possibility that he might want to be the manager. I think there is a way around this problem, and I think the way around this problem can be found if people can get round the table and discuss it.''

Earlier last year, however, Ferguson, 67, insisted that he was too old to guarantee his involvement.

''I'll be 70 then, so I don't need any commitment to anything like that, 'I would not, in any way, shape or form try to commit myself to anything like that four years away. 'I'm not sure they would allow it [the GB Team] anyway, because countries have their own identity.''

I agree with Fergie. After all he has achieved, surely he doesn't need the aggravation of guiding England/GB through an Olympic campaign. Go home Fergie and put your feet up, you've earned it.....Back To Home Page...Bookmark and Share

No comments: