All things Manchester United here and you can subscribe to the RSS News Feed Link. Also there will be a huge
collection of Manchester United photographs, Manchester United videos, Manchester United gifs, Manchester United
wallpapers, Manchester United avatars, Manchester United Myspace layouts and much, much more for you all. A great
place for United fans to get what they want. Any requests for stuff you may have then email me at
small_carly@yahoo.co.uk with what you're looking for.

I am constantly looking for Manchester United wallpapers, Manchester United sigs, Manchester United avatars,
Manchester United photos, Manchester United pics and anything else to do with United especially anything really old to add to my
History Section'. So if anyone has anything they think would be good to add, then email me at carliona.trocina12@googlemail.com, thankyou.....

Sunday 23 November 2008

Danny Welbeck Can Play For England, Ghana, Scotland............Any More Bids ?

Manchester United's Danny Welbeck has a dilemma on his hands right now. He must choose whether he plays for England, Ghana or Scotland! How this choice for him ever arose is beyond me and that is my point here.

Ghana showed an interest in him for obvious reasons. Aged just 17 he is extremely talented and has a great future ahead of him. Both his parents are from Ghana too.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has laughed off this dilemma though. He has been capped by England at Under-19 level, and could continue along the England path or choose to represent the country of his parents. Fergie has offered some sound advice - ignore both and play for Scotland instead. "His parents are from Ghana so it is not a surprise, it is the boy's choice, although I would be surprised if he didn't play for Scotland. That is my big challenge now."

I think this "pick a country" option is ridiculous myself. If I was a footballer, it would mean I could play for India, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Hungary, Ukraine, Romania, Moldova or Ireland !! Why is that ?

Romany people stem from India and have travelled west for over 800 years and occupied all the countries I have mentioned. I could trace my family back to any one of these countries. I tagged Ireland on the end as my father is Irish, though I haven't seen him for years. This makes me half Romanian and half Irish technically. Though I feel 100% allegiance to Romania and always will do, no offence to the Irish.

Here's the way I see it. The location where you are born is irrelevant. If a dog is born in a barn it's not a horse is it ? So it should come down to your parents and nothing else. With Danny Welbeck, he has Ghanaian parents so he is Ghanaian. Obviously he has lived here all his life, he has a British passport and is entitled to it, but his roots are in Ghana, he should want to represent the people he is originated from.

There will be times when one parent may be from say, France and one from Italy, as an example. In this situation they must choose between the two. As things stand right now, you can choose your country and then come up with some bizarre back tracking and that's it you qualify.

Welbeck playing for Scotland mystifies me. Maybe he ate a plate of Haggis aged six, or could he have glimpsed a copy of the Daily Record through a window of WH Smith ? .....
Back To Home Page...
Bookmark and Share


No comments: